Sometimes, our gut likes us. Sometimes... not so much.
Our gut or GI tract is the hub where our body transforms everything we consume into energy. From the day you were born, your gut has been constantly exposed to a steady stream of microorganisms—some good, some bad.
In today’s world of terrible diet choices, our gut is exposed to some of the worst stuff it could imagine—tipping the balance of your gut microbiome into the red zone. Energy, metabolism, mood and even your natural immunity suffer when your gut microbiome is out of whack!
As it turns out, a proper balance of gut bacteria is crucial for our health.
The key, we found, is to tip the balance towards increased gut microbiome diversity, in a kingdom ruled by good bacteria...
So we created “Soylent Squared”—complete with 36 essential nutrients, plus probiotics and fiber!
Probiotics are defined as the kinds of bacteria that benefit their host. Probiotics help us digest the food we eat, and they produce stuff that’s good for us. By eating nutrient- and probiotic-rich foods, you tune the balance of your gut microbiome, making your whole GI tract happy. Probiotics can also help support other parts of your body, like your metabolism, immune system and even your mood.
A probiotic gem in the rough.
But there’s a lot of confusion about which probiotics are the best, and how much you need to eat. Our product development team evaluated all the probiotics out there, but we were mostly disappointed.
We did find the one probiotic that checked all the right boxes—one that is most effective to support digestive health. And, unlike yogurt probiotics, we found one that’s stable on the shelf and in your gut.
When choosing a probiotic, we considered the following:
- A long record of safety and use in foods
- Bioactivity and efficacy
- Human clinical research
- Shelf and gut stability
Bacillus coagulans: squared to the power.
This led us to a probiotic backed by reams of scientific research—Bacillus coagulans, strain GBI-6086, known as BC-30, made by a biotech company called Ganeden.
Let’s dive a little deeper into the powerful probiotic with the funny name...
1. Bacillus coagulans is a non-allergenic beneficial spore-forming bacteria. This means it’s stable and sprouts to life in your gut.
2. Bacillus coagulans stays intact throughout the digestion process. It survives passage through the stomach, and becomes active in your GI tract.
3. Bacillus coagulans works symbiotically with the food you eat, and your gut microbiome.
4. Bacillus coagulans BC-30 is found in over 60 foods, and has an excellent track record for effectiveness and tolerability.
5. No refrigeration needed! Most sources of probiotics need to be kept cold, but you can take Bacillus coagulans anywhere, anytime.
6. Bacillus coagulans supports your gut microbiome and GI health. Because of this, it can also help strengthen or ramp up your body’s immune system.
7. Some exciting new research also suggests that Bacillus coagulans BC-30 can help support protein absorption-- one of our favorite nutrients here at Soylent.
For more information on Bacillus coagulans (BC-30) from Ganeden, click here .
Gut Health “Squared” with Fiber and Protein
Ok, so now that we know all about probiotics, it’s time to introduce their favorite food: prebiotic fiber.
Prebiotics are food for probiotic organisms. They’re in most plants, including high fiber fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and beans. We know, they sound super similar. So, let’s breakdown the difference of pre and probiotics.
Think of the garden that is your gut. You need seeds (as probiotics) to sprout into a diverse jungle of beneficial probiotics. But they need food, which is the food you eat, and especially fiber. Prebiotic fiber fuels probiotics to create a healthy gut ecology.
We also added prebiotic fiber into the mix as well. Soylent is totally plant-based, so we use oat flour and corn fiber as our source of prebiotic fiber in Squared.
Our plant fiber provides a balanced amount of both soluble and insoluble fiber, so you can be the best and most healthy you.
Make your diet exponential with a complete, customizable mini-meal.
We’ve created Squared in three delicious, stackable flavors—Chocolate Brownie, Salted Caramel, and Citrus Berry.
Get your hands on Soylent Squared today—your body, cellular homeostasis, and gut synbiotics will exponentially thank you.